Information Collection and Use
Visionet Systems, Inc. hereinafter referred as Visionet values the privacy of is visitors and customers. The policy of Visionet and its worldwide offices, hereinafter called “Visionet”, regarding online collection of personal information is explained below. This policy covers information collected on www.visionetsystems.com. By giving your personal information you agree that we may collect and use such information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this policy. Please do not submit any information if you are less than 18 years old unless you have the consent of your parent or guardian. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use this site. Visionet reserves the right to occasionally change the policy at its own discretion and bring such changes to your attention (see Notification of Changes below).
- Registration – To use portions of this site, a user must first complete a registration form. During registration a user is required to give contact information such as your name, address, company name and address, e-mail address. This information is used to contact the user about services on our site for which the user has expressed interest. Unique identifiers (such as, username and password), are used for security purposes to safeguard personal information.
- Order – We request information on our order form from users ordering our products. A user must provide contact information such as name, email, and shipping address and financial information such as credit card number, expiration date. This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer orders. If we have trouble processing an order, the information is used to contact the user.
- Cookies – A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use session ID cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates.
- Cookies are used to maintain the identity of users with our site after users log in with a username and password. This allows the users to identify themselves (log in) once rather than multiple times per web session. You can choose to disable cookies by following the procedure suggested by your particular browser. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, you may still be able to access our site depending on where you are in our site.
- Log Files – We gather certain information about the use of our site by our visitors using a process that does not by itself identify a specific individual. This information is then compiled and analyzed in a way that does not identify our visitors personally. The information may include the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) a visitor of our site has just come from, which URLs have been visited within our site, what browser is being used, and what Internet Protocol (IP) address a visitor used to get to our site.
Communications from the Site
- Information List – Our Information List is an opt-in/opt-out emailing service that keeps the subscriber abreast of current developments with Visionet. Noteworthy events such as press releases are included in the periodic emailing. If a user wishes to subscribe to the list, we ask for contact information such as name and email address. Out of respect for our users’ privacy we provide a way to opt-out of these communications. www.visionetsystems.com
- Sharing – Legal Disclaimer – Though we make every effort to preserve user privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law wherein we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our website.
- Links – This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Visionet is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
- Security – When our registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information such as credit card number and billing information, that information is encrypted and is protected with industry standard encryption technology – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, to indicate secure transmission mode, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when users are just ‘surfing’.
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure proper use of your information, we and our web server hosts have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- If users have any questions about the security at our website, users should contact us.
- Children’s Privacy – We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have personal information on a child under the age of 18 we will delete that information ourselves.
- Correcting/Updating/Deleting/Deactivating Personal Information – If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users’ personally identifiable information. This can be done in the user’s account accessed by username and password or by contacting us.
- If, however, we are going to use our users’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users by posting a notice on our website for 30 days.